These are the quick maintenance procedures that you can do very easily to keep your home in top shape:
- Check all smoke detectors to make sure that they are working and that they do not need fresh batteries, There should be one on each floor of your house. And, they should really be tested monthly.
- Caulk exterior joints around window and doors
- Clean lint from the entire clothes dryer vent system, from the dryer to the exterior vent cap.
- Inspect and repair or repaint all patio and deck furniture.
- Check your multi-purpose fire extinguisher for accessibility, make sure that it is filled and ready to go.
- Go outside to your clothes dryer vent.
- Clean or change your furnace filter, depending on what kind you have.
- Check water heater for leaks and corrosion.
- Prune trees and shrubs so that branches do not come in contact with exterior siding.
- Clean and repair cracks in concrete driveways using epoxy patching material. Repair asphalt driveways using asphalt patching material. Seal asphalt driveways every other year.
- Remove all dead trees in your yard, and keep healthy trees and bushes trimmed back. Be careful to stay away from utility wires.
- Check Carbon Monoxide detector to make sure it is in working.
- Clean all of your Ceiling Fans
- Clean Your Grill
If you or some one you know has questions these home maintenance tips, about the growth of the Las Vegas Community, or the Real Estate market please contact us today.
The Lindstrom Group of Keller Williams Realty Southwest is pleased to provide the most current information about the value of your current home, or to help set up a search of available homes for sale in the Greater Las Vegas Valley.
We look forward to your comments and subscriptions to our Blog.
The Lindstrom Group
Keller Williams Realty Southwest
6180 Brent Thurman Way, Suite 200 | Las Vegas, NV | 89148
Office 702-540-1327 | Fax 702-988-8795